Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mammoth or Bust

Colorado sent us on our way.... I just thought the Rocky Mountains would have been a little rockier than that.... That John Denvers full of crap man.

Anyway... If you ever make the drive from Colorado to Mammoth you will understand my pain. Just imagine not turning the wheel of your car for 30 minutes straight. Just perfectly straight roads as far as you can see for miles through the desert. When you finally come to a turn it feels insane like you are going in circles. There are a few sweet spots to see on the way though...
Photobucket
Rocky Mountain High.
Photobucket
Scenic View.

We finally made it into Mammoth, and swooped in to grab a slice of the greatest pizza on earth. Next time you are in Mammoth hit up 5 Boroughs... blow your mind delicious. Why do i always talk about food?
Photobucket
Who cares. Thanks Rezza!

Brendan Hayes and I crashed out at basically the HIlton of houses in Mammoth. I don't want to release all my secrets here, but lets just say plasma tv, my own room, and a garage to house my sled. Top notch... Mtv cribs style, literally. We headed up to Chair 4 with Greg Hahn, Cody Rosenthal, Peter Benchetler, & Matt Hammer. Checked out this rad hip, those guys sent a few rounds on it, then Cody took me back to the most epic playground.
Photobucket
Mammoth Playground.

Hard to tell from the photo, but there are about 1,000 trees to bonk, jib, ride, jump, tap, etc top to bottom. So siiick! Cody and I did the worlds longest followcam thru it.
Photobucket
Cody & Greg approved.

You ever have a buddy that charges everything, no matter what the conditions, and always lands something sweet? For me, that buddy is Cody Rosenthal. That kid is so amazing. He was sending it like 25 feet off this hip in a wild windstorm.
Photobucket
"Lifestyle" Pro Snowboarders always hang with shades on.
Photobucket
Greg, Cody, & Tyler the photog @ Sushi Rei. Get the Emo roll... thank me later.

Mammoth rules... next blogs. Days at Sonora, June, & a new zone? Ranger Ricks got nothin on this.

No comments: