Wednesday, February 20, 2008

KOREA Part 1

So I got the word that I was being sent to Korea to film with the Signal guys... I was pumped, but my only question was North or South?

Obviously we headed to South Korea.. flying into Seoul to be exact. The only catch was because I had to fly standby and I could not check any bags. Thankfully Hammer brought me a board, but I still had to figure out how to get everything I needed into my carry on bags... including boots and bindings.

Photobucket
Camera pile.
Photobucket
12 hours of chasing the sun
Photobucket
Alaska.

I flew through New York, then Tokyo, then Seoul... jetsetting.
Photobucket
Japan.

When I arrived in Korea I was met by my Korean friends, Daniel and Kyle, and they informed me that we were 4 hours away from our destination. So we packed up the car and I started the fourth leg of my journey. Daniel said that he was a good driver and that I could trust him... or at least that is what I thought he said.

Photobucket
Traveling at light speed

Daniel said "Do you want to hear the road sing?" I thought for sure I was misunderstanding him, but he pulled the car off the road and instead of hearing a loud noise to wake up drivers it played "Mary Had A Little Lamb" somehow. I thought to myself, "Where am I?"

When we arrived at the condo my total travel time exceeded 24 hours. Our tour guide Chris told me that I was sleeping in the next room. So I opened the door and saw everyone was passed out on the floor so I passed out in the corner. (Traditional Korean condos don't have beds, only heated floors)

The next morning everyone woke up wondering who was sleeping in the corner. So I introduced myself and we decided to go shred!

Photobucket
The lifies were awesome. They wore funny costumes and the only English they knew was "Hi Friend!"

Photobucket
They had a magic carpet that took you directly to the chair lift

Photobucket
After shredding our tour guide Chris treated us to his favorite snack, fish on a stick

Photobucket
Lindy and Spencer like fish sticks

Photobucket
World famous Signal snowboard team

Photobucket
After riding the resort for 9 hours we decided to set up this wallride and session that for another 3 hours.

We ended the day with Korean BBQ
Photobucket
Peter is realizing that Korean food is spicy

What better way to end an epic day!
Korea is AMAZING!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice